1. Re: title — April didn’t have many showers so I’m hoping May doesn’t either but we’ll see … we shall see. As shared on IG but I did finally finish this wall and am glad I decided to wait until I found (whatIthought) wasthe perfect wallpaper. Our house doesn’t have any stark white (mostly because the trim is very yellowy-beige) so it was tough to find a design that didn’t incorporate a super cool/crisp white but Target, of all places, to the off white rescue.The design is SUPER forgivingand if I didn’t line the panels up perfectly it’s almost impossible to tell (to my design blind eye) and in the event that we have a girl and she eventually gets this room I thinkit’s pretty darn gender neutral. Alright, enough about THAT forever, alright? Alright.
2. We’re closing in on a little over 2 weeks (or actually 12 days as a dear friend texted me this morning) left of distance learning (remote learning? home schooling?) and while I wouldn’t say our routine is exhaustive or rigorous I think we’ll all be a little bit relieved when we cross the finish line. I’m hopeless at teaching the kids new concepts (thankfully Simon is quite a bit more skilled in this arena) and am trying not to imagine a fall semester at home for this reason alone but – let’s get through the summer first, G.
3. I got Jen Fulwiler’s new book,Your Blue Flamein the mail last week and blew threw it. I’m normally a fiction gal and steer clear of any sort of self-help books (I don’t think this would qualify as one, actually but it’s not my preferred genre) and now want to casually give a copy to everyone I know because it was so GOOD. Inspiring without trying to be and super entertaining/hilarious to boot. Recommend x 10.
4. Just one day shy of 35 weeks (because that sounds SO much better than 34 weeks – you know? you do) and feeling better than I have in previous weeks? I’m thinking maybe the baby dropped since my heartburn is down to a dull roar vs the bonfire that had been blaring before. My sciatica is also feeling a lot more bearable and I’m sleeping through the night which hasn’t always been the case. Party emoji. I’m making mental lists of things I can get done before my due date and hoping some name inspiration strikes soon as we’re still coming up sort of short. We do need a new infant car seat so if you have any recommendations (we’d previously always neededa super slim modelto fit all the car seats in the car but with a much bigger van now – the car seat world is my oyster!) – I’m all eyes!
5. I know I’ve bloggedabout this site before(no way, shape, or form sponsored) but was shocked to log-in and find that I had racked up hundreds of dollars of gift cards (I generally only use it on my laptop but am realizing I should be using it on my phone too) so if you don’t use it to find coupon and discount codes (which it does quite well!) – I highly recommend you do!It pays off.
6.These shortswere (still are!) a favorite of mine a few summers ago sotook advantage of the saleand bought them a couple sizes up for the postpartum summer. I was intrigued by the old school look of these shoesuntil I realized they are actually mens but … that shouldn’t stop me? Right? Even though it’s warming up I’ve been living inthese jeansandthese pants(not at the same time – ha Ha HA) despite not loving maternity pants in general – they’re both comfortable and as flattering as things can be in the home stretch.
7. Julia has been asking for denim overall shorts andI finally found a pairthat isn’t frayed to shreds (says she who just bought frayed shorts for herself) and are a super play-friendly length. Sheloves them too– win/win. I’ve been mixingthis primerwiththis illuminating lotion in place of any sort of foundation or tinted moisturizer and etc and it’s a super duper winning combo (in my book!). Givingthese sandalsa try for the little boys this summer – the velcro sold me and so far so good but hopefully they don’t break in a matter of days 🙂
Alright, we’re in tackling project mode so back I go!