1. Hello again. Hope you’re all holding up as well as can be expected! It feels like every day brings new and unexpected news on the Coronavirus front but also nothing is seeming to change? Hopefully that makes sense. We’re holding steady staying very much at home with the occasional walk and lots of backyard play. We began distance learning in earnest on Monday and it truly feels like it’s been three weeks of subpar, “homeschooling”. I’ve never felt even .01% called to homeschool (as someone who had a great experience being homeschooled) so I guess the silver lining is that it’s been a great confirmation that my feelings were spot on. The kids are being real troopers though and dare I say the poor teachers might have it worse trying to suddenly coordinate everything remotely for such young kids? I dare. Anyway, rest assured that if you find yourself trying to teach your kids and/or coordinate zoom calls and/or manage the million other things you’ve inevitable got going on — you are doing a MUCH better job than I am. Guaranteed.This bookhas kept Bosco (4.5) occupied when necessary but I think the little boys are thoroughly enjoying all the extra time to dig in the forbidden grassy areas of the yard while I attempt to teach the others …
2. Simon and I did join the ranks of the Tiger King audience last week and just couldn’t … look … away. I’m curious if we weren’t under quarantine if it would’ve held the same appeal? Simon thought it ended on an abrupt and unsatisfying note – ha. I’m still reeling from the whole thing, I think. I’d love to rewatch Friday Night Lights since the last time we watched it was when Julia was a newborn but we’re not quite desperate enoughto pay for it… yet!
3. I should be more ashamed to admit that I readColton’s bookin one sitting but I think I got my just punishment because it was (whispers) … not worth my time. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt during his season but the book did him no favors (in my opinion) and I dove right back intoThe Dinner Listto try to cleanse it from my literary memory.
4. Although the last three weeks have felt like a long three months I still can’t believe that next week is Holy Week. Sebastian asked tonight if it was still Lent and so you could say I’ve fallen a little short on the religion class front. Hopefully we can make up for it next week with uh …. streaming everything Mass/Stations/etc from the comfort of our home – maybe the most bizarre feeling thing about the quarantine? Phoebe has happily stepped up as nursery director while we “attend” church which I have to admit has been quite nice.
5. I’m not quite 31 weeks along but suddenly feel as though I could be 38 weeks and counting. Hopefully it was just an off week but if not … I will survive. This is my first sciatica heavy pregnancy and for that I am grateful because it’s not for the faint of heart … or back. The kids are all getting excited and the girls are still begging me to find out if it’s a he or a she …. the anticipation is killing them (and me – but I would never tell them so).
6. I almost forgot all about Easter candybut I think I did get it ordered in time for actual Easter (fingers crossed) but did stumble upon and order and get this dress (more of a house dress than an Easter dress but isn’t it all the same right now?) in the mail – weeks before it’s projected arrival date and for that I am eternally grateful because it’s perfect for the last couple of months of pregnancy. It runs a little big which is perfect for a non-maternity dress that is being forced into maternity territory. I’m going to getat least one more color. I’d love it not pregnant too but would probably size down to account for the generous fit. And another Amazon win was finallytaking the plunge on the rug that everyone seems to have and not caring and am so pleased with it in person. I can see it working in a lot of different colored rooms (I put it in our ~dark navy bedroom) because it has a lot of different colors without looking like a rainbow if that makes sense.
7.Old Navy is having another site wide 50% off saleand I have to admit that theirToddler boy new arrivals are pretty darn cute. This baby girl swimsuit is adorableandtheir jean selection is looking as tempting as ever. I’mSO excited about this collaborationand have a sneaking suspicion it’s going to sell out superduperfast — but we’ll see. We’ll see!
Alright, hope you have a super uneventful weekend!